Lazada Philippines

August 21, 2009

BOLT UPDATE: The Lightning Bolt Has Struck Twice - In Berlin




Oh dear, he has done it again. Another world record smashed to rubbles. Usain Bolt, who celebrates his 23rd birthday today, becomes the first sprinter to hold the 100 and 200m world and Olympic titles at the same time.

Bolt created athletics history last night winning the 200 metres final at the World Championships in Berlin in sensational fashion by smashing his own world record.

It came only days after he broke his 100 metres world record.

Bolt stormed to victory in the Olympic Stadium in 19.19 seconds, slashing 0.11secs off the time set at the Beijing Olympics last year, with Panama's Alonso Edward claiming silver in 19.81s and American Wallace Spearmon the bronze in 19.85s.

"I never expected a world record tonight," he told the BBC. "I was really tired but I told myself I had to just try and do my best - now I am tired."

No comments:

Make money giving away free cell phones!


>

Royalty Free Images