Lazada Philippines

December 26, 2006

Goodbye To Godfather Of Soul









The Godfather of Soul finally called it a day. James Brown is dead at 73.

I first got a whiff of the news on
NewsCloud which I subscribed via email. Then I hopped over to eonline.com for more details on the man who made rock-soul-funk his very own brand of music.

According to his management company, Brown was hospitalized Sunday with pneumonia in Atlanta. He passed away in the early morning of Christmas Day.

The legendary Brown had a long list of musical accolades including two Grammy awards in his career that seemed to last forever. You can count famous names like Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry and Ray Charles among his peers.

If Bob Dylan is known for his lyrics, Brown was the quintessence of rhythm and dance music. He had more than 100 R&B chart hits to his name.

The soul king had his ups and downs making wrong kind of headlines but he always bounced back. His rambunctious style is well documented - from his boyhood days in Georgia to reform school and eventually a legend.
Would we have rap, hip-hop and disco today if not for James Brown? Would we have Michael Jackson with his fancy rapid-footed dancing if not for James Brown?

Some of James Brown's classics:

Papa's Got a Brand New Bag

I Got You (I Feel Good)

Get Up I Feel Like Being A Sex Machine

Say It Loud—I’m Black and I’m Proud

...and many more.

No comments:

Make money giving away free cell phones!


>

Royalty Free Images